This page will be updated with the links to the VR Hardware that are on sale now and also some description about the hardware. We wrote some reviews previously and here is the compilation list.
The hardware articles we have in these sections are:
VR Head Mounted Display (HMD)
- High end PC tethered HMDs runs on a VR Ready PC. As these are powered by a graphic card with a minimum of Nvidia GTX 970 and above, they can render out graphics that are more computational intensive and realistic. Other features like 6DOF tracking, eye tracking, wider FOV and more are available earlier on these HMD. Development of VR content normally starts on such VR HMDs.
- Mobile adapter HMD provides the lens and casing that you attach to a mobile phone which acts as the display. These are usually the cheapest option but assumes the user have a high end phone as VR is demanding on the battery and processing power. Mobile phones are also only able to provide 3DOF tracking.
- Samsung GearVR
- Google Cardboard
- Console based HMD is an add-on device for the consoles to play VR. Normally these comes with limitations like low resolution or no or poor 6DOF tracking. However, consoles comes with a huge player base and so VR content can reach out to a larger audience.
- Playstation VR
- Nintendo Switch Labo ToyCon VR Kit
- Standalone HMD is a all-in-one device where everything is included in the HMD. Normally built with a mobile device processor, it is less powerful than a PC but more optimized for VR than a mobile phone. They can even support features like 6DOF tracking. With the convenience of usage and friendly price-point, it is said to be the HMD that will offer the best price-performance balance.
- Vive Focus
- Vive Focus Plus
- Oculus Go
- Oculus Quest
- VR Cover
- Vive Tracker
VR Ready PC